Summer Helicopter & Snowmobile Tour
Drive your own snow machine on real snow in the middle of summer surrounded by amazing scenery. Start this adventure with a spectacular helicopter ride over glaciers and icebergs. We often see moose, black bears, Dall sheep, and mountain goats. Land on a huge snow field high on a glacier right next to your snowmobile. It’s easy to combine if some people in your group prefer the snow machine tour, and other want to go dogsledding as the snowmobiles are parked right at the dog yard on the glacier. After a short safety briefing you will head out on your snowmobile (we call them snow machine or snow-go up here), accompanied by one of our guides.
Each rider will have their own machine, or if you prefer to ride tandem with one of your teammates, we can do that too. You will have an hour on the glacier, so plenty of time to explore and ride up to the crest for a spectacular view of the Chugach mountains. This tour is not suitable for children under 10 years old and riders under 16 will have to be teamed up with an adult. We will supply all snow machine gear including helmet, snowsuit, and boots; we recommend you bring a light hat, gloves and sunglasses.
After the tour, the helicopter takes you back to our base and you’ll fly over the lower glaciers where you can see the blue melt pools and the crevasses. What an adventure!
- Flight over the majestic Chugach Range, Knik Glacier, Lake George and more
- Includes a one-hour snowmobile adventure on real snow
- Fly down the Great Gorge of the Knik, awarded National Landmark status for its beauty
- Small group size, very personal tour
- Can be combined with dogsled tour if some people in your party prefer that option
- Excellent chances of seeing wildlife