Summer Helicopter & Snowmobile Tour
A motorized twist on a classic Alaskan adventure! Drive your own snowmobile on real snow in the middle of summer surrounded by amazing scenery. Start this adventure with a spectacular helicopter ride over glaciers and icebergs. We often see moose, black bears, Dall sheep and mountain goats. Land on a huge snow field high on a glacier and enjoy a whole hour with your experienced Alaskan guide to explore the glacier on a wide track mountain ‘sled’. You can ride solo if you want (16 years and older) if you want, or share a sled with a friend or loved one.
The length of this tour makes it perfect to combine with our dogsled tour as they leave from the same location on the glacier. Fun for the whole family with some people going dogsledding and other prefer the snowmobile tour. After the tour the helicopter takes you back to the lodge and you’ll fly over the lower glaciers where you can see the blue melt pools and the crevasses. We provide overboots and warm coveralls so you stay dry and warm.
- Flight over the majestic Chugach Range, Knik Glacier, Lake George and more
- Includes a one-hour snowmobile adventure on real snow
- Fly down the Great Gorge of the Knik, awarded National Landmark status for its beauty
- Small group size, very personal tour
- Can be combined with dogsled tour if some people in your party prefer that option
- Excellent chances of seeing wildlife